Gixo is for mobile devices running iOS or Android. To get the best from Gixo, you'll need to enable a few settings on your device.
Cellular Data / WiFi: Some Gixo classes can be taken indoors using a WiFi connection, but many classes are best taken outdoors. For outdoor classes, you'll require a cellular data connection to stay connected to your coach on the move. Make sure to enable cell data in your device settings. Note: Some devices such as iPods and some iPads/tablets will only work on WiFi.
Location Services / GPS: Gixo uses GPS to track your speed and distance during running and walking segments. Ensure your 'Location Services' or 'GPS' are enabled in your phone's settings to use these features. For iOS 8 and 9, Location Services needs to be set to “Always” but Gixo only tracks your location during running/walking segments. Note: iPods/iPads and most tablets don't have a GPS chip.
Enabling Location Services:
- iOS Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Gixo > toggle Gixo to “Always”
Camera: Each Gixo class begins with a check-in photo to enter the workout. If the Camera setting is toggled off you will be unable to check into class. Also, by enabling the camera, you can share pictures with your teammates and coach during the class. So when you reach the top of that epic hill, they can share your view and congratulate you on your achievement!
- iOS Settings > scroll down list of apps to Gixo > toggle "Camera" to ON
Photos (to save the photos you take during class), Microphone (so you can chat to your coach and teammates), Motion and Fitness (so Gixo can count your steps), Background App Refresh (so Gixo keeps working with your screen locked), Speech Recognition (so you can 'type' messages with your voice).
Still not connecting?
If you own an iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, or 4S you need to take a few additional steps to ensure GPS tracking without error:
Enabling Background App Refresh (all iOS versions):
There are two settings within iOS 7 that must be enabled in order for GPS tracking to work with Gixo: Location Services (outlined above) and Background App Refresh.
Enabling Background App Refresh - iOS7:
- iOS Settings App > General > Background App Refresh > Scroll to "Gixo" > toggle to ON
If this feature is turned off, Gixo will not record any activity when the phone’s screen turns off or when you navigate away from the app.
If the GPS and Location Services Settings are enabled properly, try the following steps, they are known to resolve almost all issues.
- Force quit Gixo and any other open apps. Relaunch Gixo and see if the problem persists. Having other apps open in the background can cause strain on a phone. This strain can result in tracking errors.
- Delete the the Gixo app from you phone entirely, and then reinstall Gixo from the app store. You will not be charged again for an app you have downloaded previously (even though the prompt is to “buy” the app).
- Restart your cell phone, this can sometimes free up memory and restore functionality. Even smartphones and computers need a power-nap.
- Turn off Wi-Fi before starting your workout. Wi-Fi can decrease the accuracy of your GPS and also cause network data transfer conflicts.
- Navigate to your device’s System Settings and from the Date and Time settings enable automatic time zone. This will prevent GPS points from being reported at an incorrect time when connecting to a GPS signal.